Presidential Appointment Initiative
CHCI and the CHCI Alumni Association (CHCI-AA) are pleased to announce the establishment of a Presidential Appointment Initiative (PAI) that will support the efforts of the National Hispanic Leadership Agenda (NHLA) to increase Latino appointment officials at both the federal and state levels to grow the pipeline of Latinos serving our nation.
The CHCI-AA seeks to serve as the premiere referral pool of Latino talent to serve as presidential appointees, across all departments and at all levels of government. CHCI encourages its sister organizations to leverage their own resources (alumni, program participants, membership) in similar ways to support NHLA's efforts.
The goal of the PAI is to encourage CHCI Alumni to apply for leadership roles and serve our nation as leaders in their communities, and to identify other qualified Latino talent as potential candidates for these positions.
Why This Is Important
As presidential appointees, CHCI Alumni would be at the decision-making table, with the power to set or influence policies. Alumni would be in a position to directly impact the well-being and life opportunities of Latinos and their families. They would also serve as leaders and resources within their own communities and to our nation.
How to Apply
1. Submit your tailored resume to the CHCI-AA by emailing PAI@chci.org.
2. Apply to the White House at whitehouse.gov/apply. In order to be considered for a presidential appointment, all applicants MUST apply through the official White House Presidential Personnel Office application site.
3. Notify CHCI once you have submitted your online application with the White House PPO.
4. Try consulting the 2012 Plum Book to identify the type of opportunities that may be available as an appointee across the federal agencies.
5. Research, prepare, and campaign for the opportunity. Make sure you follow up with the PPO to check the status of your paperwork and if they need any additional supporting documentation, references, etc.
How We Help
The CHCI-AA is dedicated to the advancement of your leadership and our community. Through this new initiative, we will:
• Alert candidates of informational sessions provided by NHLA and other organizations
• Forward resumes of interested candidates to the White House Presidential Personnel Office
• Connect interested candidates with current and former CHCI Alumni appointees
• Refer senior candidates to congressional caucuses and advocacy organizations for further consideration
Spread the Word
All qualified Latino talent referred by CHCI Alumni is encouraged to apply. Forward this announcement to a friend or colleague.
For more information, contact PAI@chci.org.