Visit these Web sites for information about course requirements, choosing a college, majors and careers, applying to college and more!
Order Hard Copies Limited quantities of these publications are available at no charge to schools or educational programs. Please download the CHCI Educational Resources Order Form and review ordering procedures.
CHCI Pre-College Planning Checklist for Parents & Middle School Students Bilingual
Did you know that students and parents should begin planning for college as early as the 6th grade? This checklist, which includes information in both English and Spanish, outlines what students and parents need to know to be better prepared for college.
CHCI College Preparatory Kit for High School Students Bilingual
This tool kit provides high school students with the informatoin they need to prepare, select, and apply to college. Packed with information (in both English and Spanish) on selecting a college, the college application process, writing your admissions essay, and more.
The Importance of Continuing Your Education
- Ten Ways School Prepares You for the Work World
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund — a variety of resources for students and families
- Why Get a College Degree? From the College Board
How to Prepare for Postsecondary Education
- The AES Education Planner – also available en Español
- The College Board: “Planning for College” section is full of useful advice and guides
- Mapping Your Future
- The Stanford Bridge Project: 10 Misconceptions About College
- Peterson’s Planning Timelines
- U.S. Department of Education “Help Your Child” Series
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund Resources
Selecting a College
- The College Navigator – also available en Español
- Center for Student Opportunity (CSO) College Center
- The College Board’s College Search
- My College Options
- Hobson’s College View Campus Life Section
- Virtual online tours of college campuses
The Application Process
- Associated Colleges of the Midwest Information for High School Students and Counselors
- College Board Academic Tracker
- The College Board Application Main Page
- CollegeData.com’s Prepare and Apply Pagel
- Hobson’s College View Application Section
- The Common Application — used by nearly 350 colleges and universities