CHCI-Wyndham Worldwide Scholar Intern Program
The application period has now closed. Finalists have been notified and awards will be announced by the end of May.
The CHCI-Wyndham Worldwide Scholar Intern program is designed to allow students to not only receive monetary support for their education, but also gain hands-on experience through an internship during Summer 2017.
During Summer 2017, CHCI and Wyndham Worldwide will award up to five paid internships in Wyndham's offices in Parsippany, New Jersey. More than just a summer job, internships with Wyndham Worldwide provide college students and recent graduates with an opportunity to work alongside some of the most experienced and talented individuals in the hospitality industry.
Participants in Wyndham Worldwide’s internship program work on challenging assignments, while partnering with experienced colleagues who are committed to helping them learn and develop skills throughout the program. Interns also network and connect with various leaders within the company and have the chance to participate in engaging workshops.
Internships begin the week of May 30 and end August 11. The comprehensive program includes:
- Interactive orientation
- Professional development workshops
- Coaching and feedback sessions
- Roundtable discussions with senior leadership
- Presentation opportunities
- Networking with leaders from across the organization
- Group activities
Wyndham has a variety of internship positions available. Anticipated areas include Finance, Marketing (both Brand & Digital), Legal, Human Resources, IT, and other corporate functions. A full list of potential internships will be available in late November.
Please Note: You must be willing to reside in the greater Parsippany, New Jersey area during Summer 2017 to be eligible for the scholar-intern program. Some internships offer a housing stipend to support housing costs if relocation is required. Finalists should inquire about housing stipends during their interviews.
Selection as a CHCI-Wyndham Worldwide Scholar Intern provides students with a one-time scholarship of $2,500 to pursue their degree. Scholarship awards are intended to provide assistance with tuition, room and board, textbooks, and other educational expenses associated with college enrollment.
Scholar-interns will receive their scholarship divided into two checks during the 2017-2018 school year after they have completed their internship; one check for $1,250 in the fall and one check for $1,250 in the spring. In order to receive their checks, scholar-interns must submit a verification of full-time enrollment. CHCI manages the disbursement of the scholarships. Successful completion of the internship is required in order to receive scholarship funds.
Selection as a CHCI-Wyndham Worldwide Scholar Intern is based on a combination of the following criteria:
- Full-time enrollment in an accredited four-year university located in the United States or Puerto Rico for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Open to undergraduates of sophomore standing or higher or graduate students. All applicants must have at least one year of full-time enrollment remaining in their program.
- Individuals that will graduate in May/June 2017 are NOT eligible for the CHCI-Wyndham Worldwide Scholar Intern Program
- A declared major related to accounting, communications, computer science, journalism, marketing, media, public relations, or other fields; see job descriptions for exact requirements
- Demonstrated financial need
- Consistent, active participation in public and/or community service activities
- Strong writing skills
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, asylees, or individuals who are lawfully authorized to work full-time without restriction for any U.S. employer and who, at the time of application, possess lawful evidence of employment authorization.
NOTE: Individuals who are seeking consideration under the “Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival” (DACA) policy must possess an Employment Authorization Document at the time of application
- Visit apply.chci.org to complete an online application.
- After each priority deadline, finalists will be selected and shared with Wyndham Worldwide's internship hiring team. Finalists will be asked to complete Wyndham's online application for the placement(s) they are interested in.
- CHCI will notify applicants if their application has been identified as a finalist. Applicants not identified as finalists have the opportunity to strengthen their application and re-apply at the next priority deadline.
- Upon the finalists' completion of the online Wyndham application, Wyndham hiring managers will reach out to any finalists that they wish to interview for one of the internship positions. Interviews and job offers will be handled by the hiring manager handling the specific internship posting.
- Up to five individuals will be placed in Wyndham internships. Once hired by Wyndham, they will be eligible to receive the CHCI scholarship.
Application Check List
- Application Profile
- One Letter of Recommendation
- Completed Scholarship Application:
- Two essay questions (Suggested Length: 300 words minimum; 600 words maximum)
- Resume (1-2 pages)
- Complete copy of 2016-2017 Student Aid Report (SAR) with Expected Family Contribution (EFC) number clearly shown
- Legal Agreement
Wyndham will post all available job descriptions by late November and hires interns on a rolling basis. As such, there will be three priority deadlines for the CHCI-Wyndham opportunity. Positions will be filled as applications are received. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.