CHCI-Tyson Foods Scholar Intern Program
Apply Today! CHCI-Tyson Foods Scholar Intern Program Deadline: May 6, 2015
CHCI is currently seeking college students interested in Accounting, Information Systems, or Marketing for a full-time paid internship experience with a Fortune 500 company!
The CHCI-Tyson Foods Scholar Intern program is designed to allow students to not only receive monetary support for their education, but also gain hands-on experience during a 13-week internship during summer 2015 at Tyson Foods Headquarters in Springdale, Arkansas.
The internship is paid and housing is provided, however all applicants must have a car and be willing to drive to Springdale, Arkansas for their internship placement.
Once the internship is completed, CHCI-Tyson Foods Scholar Interns will recieve a $2,500 scholarship beginning in fall 2015. Completion of the internship is required to receive scholarship funds.
Selection as a CHCI-Tyson Foods Scholar Intern is based on a combination of the following criteria:
- Full-time enrollment in an accredited four-year university during the period for which scholarship is requested. Applicants to the Accounting or Marketing internships should be current college sophomores or juniors; applicants to the Information Systems internship should be current college sophomores or juniors OR graduate students.
--Individuals that will graduate in May/June 2015 are NOT eligible
- Must be able to drive to Arkansas with own transportation
- Majoring in Accounting (Accounting Internship); Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Systems (Information Systems Internship); or Marketing (Marketing Internship). Please see each job description for specific requirements.
- Demonstrated financial need
- Consistent, active participation in public and/or community service activities
- Strong writing skills
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, asylees, or individuals who are lawfully authorized to work full-time without restriction for any U.S. employer and who, at the time of application, possess lawful evidence of employment authorization.
NOTE: Individuals who are seeking consideration under the “Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival” (DACA)policy must possess an Employment Authorization Document at the time of application
Application Check List:
- Application Profile
- One Letter of Recommendation
- Completed Scholarship Application:
- Two essay questions (Suggested Length: 300 words minimum; 600 words maximum)
- Resume (1-2 pages)
- Complete copy of 2015-2016 Student Aid Report (SAR) with Expected Family Contribution (EFC) number clearly shown
- Legal Agreement
CHCI scholarships provide recipients with a one-time scholarship of $2,500 to pursue an undergraduate degree.
Scholarship awards are intended to provide assistance with tuition, room and board, textbooks, and other educational expenses associated with college enrollment. The scholarship will be divided among the number of years you have remaining in your academic program. For example, a current sophomore who completes the summer internship with two years of school left would recieve $1,250 in fall 2015 and $1,250 in fall 2016.