Elections Timeline (updated 11/23/20)
|Nov. 27 – Dec. 7||ELECTION VOTING PERIOD|
|Dec 8 (Tue)||Winners announced to CHCI-AA Leadership|
|Dec. 10 (Thu)||Winners Publicly Announced by CHCI|
- Vote! CHCI-AA Leadership Elections will be held November 27 – December 7.
- Direct link to cast your ballot: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CHCIAAElections2020
- Be an Informed Voter: Review Candidate Slates (see website directory below).
- Show Support: Alumni are welcome to support a candidate by liking our election social media posts on CHCI-AA platforms and nominating fellow alums for positions.
- Solicitations are Prohibited: All candidates and/or surrogates must refrain from engaging with an alumnus directly to solicit votes (including direct email/phone call or text/DMs).
- Campaign Behavior: For any election concerns (solicitation, not maintaining professional decorum), alumni may submit an Election Violation Report or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
New York City
CHCI-AA Elections Process
For the 2020 Election Cycle, the CHCI Alumni Association has commissioned an independent ad hoc committee to provide guidance and process recommendations, and ensure fairness, transparency, equity, participation, and a positive alumni (candidates and voters) experience. Throughout this Elections Process, CHCI will continue to provide equal support to all candidates, and will work with the Elections Committee to ensure election oversight and integrity.
2020 CHCI-AA Elections Committee Members
- Naomi Adaniya, 2005 Intern
- Yessica Diaz Roman, 1997-1998 Public Health Fellow
- Emily Noriega, 2014-2015 Public Policy Fellow
- Humberto Ramos, 2018 Intern
- Janine Ting Jansen, 2002 Intern
Elections Committee Resources
Questions or comments about the 2020 CHCI-AA Elections Process? Contact the EC directly at email@example.com.
CALL FOR CANDIDATES
The CHCI Alumni Association (CHCI-AA) is seeking candidates for its national and regional chapter boards for the 2021-2022 Term!
Are you #HereToLead? Consider running for a CHCI-AA volunteer leadership role if you are:
- Passionate about CHCI’s mission to develop the next generation of Latinx leaders
- Willing to commit a few hours per month to help organize activities for local CHCI Alumni to come together (with the support of the CHCI team!)
- Looking for an exciting leadership development opportunity where you’ll work alongside other Latinx professionals in support of a great cause
Nominations are now being accepted for the following CHCI-AA leadership bodies:
- CHCI-AA National Board
- CHCI-AA Regional Chapters
- Chicago, IL (and surrounding suburbs)
- Dallas, TX (and surrounding suburbs)
- New York City (5 Boroughs/Northern NJ/CT)
- Phoenix, AZ (and surrounding suburbs)
- Southern California (Los Angeles/Inland Empire/Orange County/San Diego)
- South Florida (Miami and surrounding suburbs)
- Washington, DC (Maryland/Virginia suburbs)
(Click the links to view position descriptions)
- CHCI-AA National Board Officers
- National President
- National Vice President
- Civic Engagement Chair
- Communications Chair
- Professional Development Chair
- CHCI-AA Regional Chapter Officers
- Vice President
- Programs Coordinator
To declare your candidacy or to nominate another CHCI alumnus for a CHCI-AA elected office, please complete the nomination form.
The deadline to submit nominations has been extended to Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
Nomination form direct link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2020AlumniNominations