Washington D.C. – November 27, 2018, The Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHCI) will host the CHCI 2018 Tech Summit convening Fortune 500 executives, Members of Congress, tech leaders, entrepreneurs, CHCI program participants, and CHCI alumni on Wednesday, November 28th, at the Newseum in Washington, D.C.
Headlining this year’s list of speakers is Samsung President and CEO Tim Baxter. Mr. Baxter will discuss how 5G, along with Internet of Things (IoT) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) are delivering a connected experience for both consumers and the government.
The summit will address top tech issues and their impact on the Latino community, such as bridging the digital divide; strengthening the diversity pipeline; automation; tech fluency; 5G, the Internet of Things (IoT) and more.
“We are excited to convene tech thought leaders to discuss the impact of tech innovation and pathways to ensure Latinos are at the decision-making table,” said Domenika Lynch, President & CEO of CHCI. “Tech is reshaping all industries as Latinos are reshaping the future of the U.S. workforce.”
Other speakers include:
- Joaquin Castro, CHCI Chair
- Olga Gutierrez, Strategic Initiatives Manager, Education Division, Apple Inc.
- Kathleen Abernathy, former FCC Commissioner
- Daniel Sepulveda, former Ambassador, Deputy Asst. Secretary, U.S. State Department
- James Gutierrez, CEO and Co-Founder, INSIKT
- Sean Perryman, Director, Diversity & Inclusion Policy & General Counsel, Internet Association
2018 CHCI Tech Summit Agenda:
- 8:00 am – 8:45 am: Morning Networking Breakfast
- 8:45 am – 10:30 am: Opening Plenary: “How Fifth Generation Mobile Networks Will Revolutionize the Internet of Things”
- 10:45 am – 11:45 am: Break-Out Sessions:
- “Technology for Social Good: How Corporate Citizenship & Moral Leadership Are Driving Social Impact”
- “Bridging the Digital Divide and Promoting Tech Fluency”
- “Cybersecurity: Managing Opportunities and Threats of Digital Disruption”
- 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm: Lunch Plenary: “Industry 4.0: Thriving In An Automated World and the Future of Work”
- 1:45 pm – 3:00pm: Closing Plenary: “An Integrated Approach: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion”
CHCI holds industry summits to advance its mission in developing leadership pipelines that include diverse Latino talent across various sectors. To learn more about CHCI’s efforts, please visit chci.org.
For media credentials, contact Paola Tejada Lalinde, CHCI Communications Manager, at email@example.com.
The Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHCI), is the premier Hispanic nonprofit and nonpartisan 501(c)(3) leadership development organization in the country that educates, empowers, and connects Latino youth by providing leadership development programs and educational services. The nonprofit was established in 1978, by three Hispanic Members of Congress to ensure a diverse and inclusive leadership pipeline and is comprised of Hispanic/Latino Members of Congress, nonprofit leaders, and corporate executives guiding the Institution’s mission forward. CHCI directly impacts the lives of more than 1,700 students and young professionals each year through its fellowships, congressional internships, and R2L NextGen program. For more information or to get involved, visit CHCI.org and follow @CHCI on social media.