CHCI goes to Japan!
In partnership with the Japanese International Cooperation Center’s KAKEHASHI Project, we are pleased to announce the second international exchange program where we will be sending 17 young Latino leaders to Japan. CHCI attendees will participate in a week-long initiative aimed at helping young professionals gain the diplomatic skills and knowledge to play active leadership roles on a global scale.
Promoted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan, The KAKEHASHI Project is dedicated to enhancing international understanding among the people of Japan and the United States and enabling future leaders of both nations to build wider perspectives and networks.
From March 7th – March 15th, CHCI fellows, alumni and staff will meet with and learn from national elected officials and dignitaries, key industry leaders, local representatives, and community members about the countries’ international policies, economy and infrastructure, while also engaging and experiencing the rich history and culture of Japan.
Following the success of the first CHCI/KAKEHASHI Project international exchange program in 2016, the two organizations will kick off this year’s program at the CHCI/KAKEHASHI International Leadership Reception on Tuesday, March 6th, celebrating the continuation of the significant partnership.
As we celebrate 40 years, we continue in our mission to increase diversity and access providing today’s youth with the experience, resources and network to build and encourage active global relations and leaders.
List of CHCI Participants and Staff:
- Stacey Berdejo: CHCI PepsiCo Graduate Law Fellow, Melrose Park, IL
- Ramon Cabral: CHCI Alumnus, New York, NY
- Cheye-Ann Corona: CHCI Alumnus, Washington, DC
- Roberto Fierro: CHCI Alumnus, Washington, DC
- Kevin Figueroa: CHCI Public Policy Fellow, Los Angeles, CA
- Ryan Garza: CHCI Alumnus, Chicago, IL
- Fernando Hinojosa: CHCI Public Policy Fellow, Pearland, TX
- Daniel Lind: CHCI Alumnus, Washington, DC
- Soyenixe Lopez: CHCI Public Policy Fellow, Nogales, AZ
- Jose Mercado: CHCI Public Policy Fellow, Sacramento, CA
- Cecilia Ramirez: CHCI Public Policy Fellow, Bellflower, CA
- Bricia Santoyo: CHCI PepsiCo Preventive Health Graduate Fellow, Fellsmere, FL
- Alejandra Silguero: CHCI Public Policy Fellow, Flushing, NY
- Enrique Soto: CHCI Alumnus, Los Angeles, CA
- Claudia Valencia: CHCI Alumnus, Chicago, IL
- Marie Hughes: CHCI Staff, Washington, DC
- Janet Arias Martinez: CHCI Staff & CHCI Alumnus, Washington, DC
To learn more about CHCI and how to participate in leadership programs, please visit https://chci.org/programs/ or follow us on social media.