As of January 2021, Latinos accounted for over 30% of the nation’s COVID-19 cases despite making up less than 20% of the current population, were eight times more likely to be hospitalized, and were almost four times more likely to die from the virus when compared to white Americans. The impact of the virus has been disproportionate and devastating in Latino communities, and as promising vaccines arrive on the market, American Latinos must be adequately informed about them and have access to these life-saving treatments.
The resources below will be updated periodically, as new information becomes available. To stay up-to-date on the latest trends, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website.
COVID-19 Vaccine Resources
- CHCI Partner Organizations
- Commonwealth Fund: Tracking the Vaccine Rollout: Federal and State Efforts to Achieve Speed and Equity
- CVS Health: CVS Health Vaccine Education and Equity Efforts
- Johnson & Johnson: Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- National Association of Broadcasters: COVID-19 Vaccine Education Toolkit
- New York Life: Brave of Heart Fund
- Walgreens: Federal Retial Pharmacy Program
- Walgreens/Uber: Walgreens and Uber Join Forces to Address Barriers to COVID-19 Vaccine Equity