Washington D.C. – July 7, 2021 — The Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHCI) announced the addition of new members of its Advisory Council, as well as the addition of Representative Adriano Espaillat (NY-13) to its Board of Directors for 2021-2022. The Board of Directors and Advisory Council include Members of Congress and leaders at Fortune 500 companies and national nonprofit organizations representing an array of industries including the finance, tech, media, and labor sectors. The CHCI Advisory Council members support the organization with resources and expertise, helping to provide strategic input and guidance.
“CHCI is honored to have the exemplary leadership of these members joining our Advisory Council and Board of Directors. Their collective experience and knowledge will further bolster our efforts in advancing and supporting CHCI’s mission to develop the next generation of Latino leaders,” said Representative and CHCI Chair, Nanette Diaz Barragán (CA-44).
“We are proud to welcome the new members of the 2021-2022 CHCI Advisory Council and Rep. Espaillat to our Board of Directors. With backgrounds that range from corporate executives, to entrepreneurs, to civic leaders, CHCI counts on the expertise of a remarkable slate of leaders at the top of their professions. Our outstanding governance and advisory bodies will continue to help advance our mission to elevate Latino leadership across all industries,” said CHCI President and CEO, Marco Davis.
The new CHCI Advisory Council Members are:
- Jose Alfaro, Director of Latinx Leadership & Community Engagement – Everytown for Gun Safety
- Noel Candelaria, Secretary-Treasurer – National Education Association
- Pablo Chavez, Vice President, Google Cloud Government Affairs & Public Policy – Google
- Guillermina Garcia Moore, Managing Director – Finsbury Glover Herring
- Robert Harris, Senior Government Affairs Representative & Policy Counsel – Apple
- Jamie Maldonado, Strategy Managing Director – Accenture
- Marisa Moret, Director of Strategic Partnerships and Chief of Staff – Airbnb (and CHCI Alumna)
- Sebastian Ontiveros, National Director, Multicultural Business Alliance and Strategy Group & Senior Manager, Consumer Engagement – Toyota
- Lucy Panza, Senior Manager, Public Policy – Amazon
- Stephanie J. Peters, Esq., Senior Director for Congressional Affairs – Microsoft Corporation
- Elia Quintana, Director, Stakeholder Relations – American Petroleum Institute
- Liliana Rañón, Vice President, External Affairs – National Association of Broadcasters
The new CHCI Board Member is:
- Adriano Espaillat (NY-13), CHC 2nd Vice-Chair