The Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHCI) is the nation’s premier Hispanic nonprofit leadership development organization. CHCI’s mission is to develop the next generation of Latino leaders through its award-winning leadership development programs. CHCI employs an exceptional and dynamic staff and offers a wide of array of competitive benefits for full-time staff including medical, dental, 401K with a company match, 15 days vacation and sick leave upon hire, and a transportation subsidy. These are just a sample of the benefits provided to all full-time employees.
Over the past ten years, CHCI has transformed itself into a leading nonprofit organization that has significantly expanded access for the Latino community. It has grown its budget to $8 million and its staff to roughly 30 people. Through its programs, CHCI has been directly impacting more than 1,700 students annually. Also, more than 4,000 highly accomplished alumni have successfully continued their journey beyond CHCI into the workforce as powerful leaders in the public, private and nonprofit sectors.
Click on the “+” symbols below to view the job descriptions and the instructions on how to apply to the posts.
Job Title: Senior Manager of Alumni Programs
Reports To: Vice President of Leadership Programs
The Senior Manager of Alumni Programs will lead all aspects of CHCI’s alumni engagement, programming, activities, and support. They will lead organizational efforts to continue the leadership development and advancement of CHCI alumni, build and strengthen connections with the growing network of over 4,000 alumni worldwide – including incorporating new alumni into the network, strengthen pathways for alumni integration into other aspects of CHCI’s work, and managing the CHCI Alumni Association. The Senior Manager will report to the Vice President of Leadership Programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with a wide range of alumni locally, regionally, nationally and internationally through regular outreach
- Manage all aspects of alumni programming, including budget stewardship
- Manage the daily operations of the CHCI-AA, including its national board and regional chapters
- Oversee the recruitment of alumni volunteers to engage with participants across CHCI’s leadership programs and in CHCI’s signature events
- Manage alumni database and online community
- Work with CHCI’s communications team to both promote CHCI alumni-focused activities and programming, and highlight alumni achievements
- Effectively represent CHCI and CHCI-AA externally to potential applicants, program participants, partner organizations, and other key stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
- Six to eight years of applicable experience
- Demonstrated understanding of issues faced by, and the ability to effectively work with, the Latinx community
- Excellent communicator (oral/written)
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated evidence of having managed projects in the past (full project life cycle)
- Versatile team player able to work well independently and under pressure, able to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and priorities
- Ability and willingness to staff/participate in periodic local events on evenings and weekends and approximately 10% travel to regions where CHCI is convening events
- Acceptance and respect for cultural diversity in all its forms, including ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, ability, political affiliation, and religious background
- Commitment to the mission of CHCI
- Demonstrated knowledge of and/or accomplishment in nonprofit management, adult professional development, alumni relations, association management and/or volunteer engagement
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Bilingual – English/Spanish proficiency
- Functional knowledge of Google Suite, Salesforce, WordPress
CHCI offers an array of competitive benefits to its employees. All benefits, with the exception of enrollment in the 401k, are effective on the date of hire. Benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Basic Life Insurance Coverage
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- WMATA SmarTrip Benefit/Parking Subsidy
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid federal holidays, vacation and sick leave
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Please send cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.